Profile Picture

Know me

Senja, 20 years old, Helsinki/Finland
Read more...
Sponsors, collaborations...
Terms of Use...

Find me

Email me Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google Plus flickr

Follow me

Follow Puukengät

Friday, September 14, 2012

Autumn inspiration board


A reader asked if I could make an inspiration post for the autumn/fall season, and since I had been considering it myself already, I decided to grant her wish and make a post about things that inspire me currently. 

This is the very first inspiration board I have ever made with Photoshop so bear with me, I'm sure that I'll eventually get better. Of course, I could've just as well used Polyvore, or just embed my pins from Pinterest but I thought this was more fun. 

Anyways, this Autumn I have been increasingly inspired by the burgundy color, probably because it's so this season and it can be seen everywhere. (and there I thought I'm not enslaved by fashion) I already bought burgundy pants, but I want to get a burgundy lipstick too, as it would look great with my skin tone.

As I mentioned in my previous post, I have been also in the mood to wear pants. I'm quite happy that this season there are so many nicely fitting pants available. I'm not the biggest fan of low-waist pants so I'm overjoyed to find pants that rise higher and I don't have to tuck them up all the time. Slim fit and ankle-length pants seem to be the thing that catches my eye most often.

Even if I want my pants slim-fit (not too slim though, I do want to be able to sit!) I want my tops and cardigans slightly over-size. As the weather cools down I am going to wrap myself in big and soft clothes that keep me warm. Natural materials, wool and cotton are a must!

Out of natural materials I'm also into leather. Aged leather that is, in vintage-y brown and tan, in shoes and bags. Give me a pair of brogues and a satchel bag and I'm a happy girl. (brogues: check, satchel: on my wish list)

Vintage-feeling always inspires me, but it seems that during the Autumn season I'm most drawn to '30s and '40s. Back to school is always a big source of inspiration, I want plaid and tweed and skirts and so on. You get the idea.

Slouchy and boyish lines might be what I'm into what it comes to clothes, but in details I am very feminine. Flower patterns, lace details, pearls and colors. Burgundy is of course a feminine color, but I also love light pink and other girly colors. My nails, make-up and hair will also reflect the more girly side of me. I am totally in love with braids (I'm finally learning to braid my own hair) and curls and scarves. (although with scarves the affair has been going on for over a year already)

So this is my inspiration board for the Autumn season, I hope you like it!

--

Syysinspiraatiota. Laiskottaa ja kiire, joten en rupea tämän enempää runoilemaan suomeksi...

--

Mijn inspiratie voor de herfst seizoen. Ik voel me vandaag een beetje lui en ik heb heel veel dingen te doen dus ik zal de tekst niet in Nederlands vertalen...

18 comments:

  1. Anonymous14/9/12 13:39

    I like your inspiration board and agree it's more fun to do it by yourself than using Polyvore.
    And I love burgundy too, but can't consider myself fashion slave because of that. Autumn brings its colours and it's normal that we like brown, purple and yellow more at this time. It's all brought by nature, not by some fashion experts.
    Okay, my comment has become too long, but that is only because this is very inspirational post. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you liked my inspiration board, and you're right that it's normal to like Autumn colors during the Autumn season... apparently the fashion experts like them too :D

      Delete
  2. lovely inspiration board, and yesss polyvore has a limitation towards our creativity etc. thanks for sharing!

    http://hippiegonemad.blogspot.it/

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love everything on your board, seriously!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful Autumn Inspiration. :) I especially like the cambridge satchel company satchel.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ihania syysjuttuja! Varsinkin toi metallikärkimanikyyri näyttää tosi houkuttelevalta, pitääkin koittaa vastaavaa! :) ♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Joo toi manikyyri on kyllä ihana, jos kokeilet sitä niin laita ohjeet sun blogiin! :)

      Delete
  6. Love your autumn inspiration board!!!! So adorable!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. They are so cool aren't they!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Echt een super leuk moodboard, vind zoveel afbeeldingen mooi! En voor dit najaar ben ik trouwens ook helemaal gek op het bordeau dat je in je dotjes in collage gebruikt!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ik vind zo blij dat je hem leuk vindt :)

      Delete
  9. Love this inspiration board. That first photo is way too gorgeous! Love her styling!
    xo TJ

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'd love to look like the girl in the first photo hahah :D

      Delete
  10. I love this :) it's so inspirational! I'm especially in love with anything burgundy at the moment!

    I hope you're having a great week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so happy you like it! And I am totally obsessed with burgundy, but I guess no-one has noticed yet hahah ;)

      Delete

Click Here for Comment Guidelines

Thank you so much for your comment! I'll try to get back to you asap! Anonymous commenters, please use a nickname! ♥

Kiitos kommentistasi! Pyrin vastaamaan siihen mahdollisimman pian! Anonyymit, olkaa ystävällisiä ja käyttäkää nimimerkkiä! ♥

Hartstikke bedankt voor je reactie! Ik probeer zo snel mogelijk te reageren! Anonieme mensen, gebruik alsjeblieft een nickname! ♥

Tu peux commenter en français!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...